Problem with trailer brakes

I am still at a loss about my problem with a 2000 Chev. Silverado
truck.  It is an 8600 GVW with a 410 rear.
Any help with this is MOST appreciated.  I am in a head lock with
GM about it, they insist it is NOT the truck.
The problem started in June, about 10,000 miles on the truck.  No
problem prior to that.  This is an obvious problem, one that caused
me to drive off the road with the trailer in July. When applying the brakes, the
truck lurches forward and back violently, to the point that you would
be thrown to the floor without a seat belt.  It is not the ABS braking
system.   I checked out the
trailer first, nothing.  Local Chev dealer took one look at the rig and
declared the trailer too big for the truck.  GM states that the truck
can pull 10,800#, the trailer weighs 8300 without horses.  Problem
exists even when empty. I have no problem pulling the trailer with
another truck.   We finally found that the truck brakes
were severely overheated and had to be replaced.  GM blamed the
trailer.  Drove home with new brakes and STILL had the problem.  I
started to get mad.  Since then I have had it to two dealers, two
regional reps and a GM engineer who cannot find a thing.  Still
claim it is a timing problem between the truck brakes and the
trailer brakes.  Ummm, can't explain why it did not originally do it,
why the brakes overheated in the truck or why the truck still does it
when the trailer brakes are completely disengaged.  So, I am stuck
with this lemon and heading towards arbitration.  Madder than ever
about it too!  I have been trying to resolve this for 4 months, any
suggestions would be very welcome!

John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall