Hahira - a.k.a. River Run

What a great ride. Pam, Willie, Corky and all put on a wonderful ride as
usual. You could not have asked for better riding weather - cool morning
and pleasant after it warmed up during the day. 175 riders started the
ride - including 22 juniors!

For those riders not lucky enough to live in the SE, this is a great
family oriented ride. Everyone in this small GA town comes out to ride.
The local pony club shows up, the local Paso club shows up.  I don't
remember many results. Debbie Fodi won the 75 with Duane Barnett in hot
pursuit. Michelle Owens won the 50 with no one in hot pursuit. I rode a
lot faster than I had intended - it was either that or get bucked off!
The greatest ride photographer in the world, Becky Siler, spooked my
horse yet again when she took his picture.

The food was great, the fun was great and the bonfire on saturday with
the "extended family" sitting around swamping lies was great. It's rides
like this that keep me and many others coming back for more.

Thank you Pam for a great ride.

Truman

PS. For the earlier post Paula rode way to fast on Cosmo - they finished
about 10 minutes before me :-).
PPS. Howard, you missed a great ride!

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.