Scarlet Oil

Anyone have any experience or understanding of the method of action of
Scarlet Oil?

My horse had a severe trauma injury.  Surgeon recommended Scarlet Oil at 2
week post-surgery exam.  Amazing difference in 12 hours.  Can't say for sure
if was the Scarlet Oil or 12 hours that did it.  First ingredient listed is
mineral oil, followed by some aromatic oils (eg: camphor, eucalyptus) and
alchohol, and finally "bentoin [sp?] scarlet" whatever that is.  This from
memory; I don't have the bottle in front of me.

Interested or knowlegeable parties are encouraged to contact me privately.
Let's not bore this list.

Best regards,
Tina Rushing  tinarushing@coastside.net
El Granada, CA