Lake Oroville & manure

Dorothy Foster hitech@sunset.net
To those of you who supported ride management in this, thank you. I know that most horsemen have no objection to the sight or even smell of a pile of horse dumplings, and I know that my dog considers them real delicacies...however, the managers of the land that we used for our ridecamp (and will probably not be able to use again, but that's another issue)are NOT horsemen. The location is normally an equipment yard, not a pasture or wild land. Manure left behind would not be scattered by marauding ducks or dogs. Any that was left behind had to be picked up by the management - the same management that just got through working a very labor-intensive ride.

Most riders did a good job of cleaning up, and we really appreciate their efforts. Typically endurance riders are a happy, cooperative group and cleaning up after them is not a huge problem. We would certainly rather have the clean up problem than to have no one show up for the ride!

Dorothy Foster, ride secretary

(I escaped the shovel detail this year, but I've been sifting through another kind of manure all week trying to get the ride paperwork done...frankly I'd prefer the horse dumplings!)