re: manure at rides

Teresa Van Hove  tvanhove@uswest.net
Its amazing to me the number of horsepeople who take the attitude
of "manure and hay are biodegradable, so we shouldn't have to pick it
up, and we refuse to do so."  RM has to go along with what the agency
in charge stated, so if you don't clean up when asked, they get to
do it for you if they dont want to get the site closed off to future
organzied horse events.  Even if RM forgets to ask for clean up it
should be obvious that if ridecamp is in a mixed use area, and trailers
get parked next to picnic tables that thorough clean up is needed.
If ridecamp is in a cow pasture then its ok to do a rough scatter
of manure and leave the leftover food for the cattle, but come on
lets use our heads and be nice land users, instead of copping an
attitude because "its biodegradable"

Teresa