Nippy Babies

It seems some days all I do is correct my little 3 month old stud colt...
he is so good, except for the nipping.  I constantly pop him on the nose
and say QUIT.... but he just doesn't understand.  He is to be gelded on his
4th month birthday, November 15th.... will this help the situation?  Also
in playing he likes to run and rear up... I have been popping him on the
chest for this and a loud QUIT.. any other solutions?

Thanks
Jerri