Re: Soft Bar Pads

Mieske wrote:

> I have been reading about these pads with interest.  God knows we all have a
> horse somewhere that will throw a shoe in spite of every precaution.  Nelson
> has not had any experience with them and we don't know anyone who does so I
> will have to do some research.  Anyone with more info, keep writing in to
> Ridecamp.  I'll keep lurking.
> Maggie

Hi,

I searched the web a bit and found an american supplier: Ken Davis & Sons. Look at their webpage
http://www.ken-davis.com/ and you'll find the FlipFlops under "hoofpads" and then "therapeutic pads". They are called
Combi.
There is also a link from the Hoofcare & Lameness page + a small description:

                      PP Plast: The Flip Flop Shoe

                      DENMARK--This shoe has certainly won more money than any
                      other import; the funny-looking "Flip Flop" shoe was worn two
                      years in a row by the winners of the Hambletonian Stakes, harness
                      racing's most prestigious event. These are pad-shoe combinations,
                      worn in conjunction with a 3/4 shoe cut at the heels. Look
                      funny...work great, particulary on a hard track like The
                      Meadowlands in New Jersey, where the Hambletonian was run.

Happy trails,

Wolfgang
Germany