endurance trails closed?

Edie Booth desertbred@USA.net
Hi guys...

It has just come to my attention that the story is being circulated that, if elected, Al Gore will close us out of our trails on Federal property, ie US Forest Service etc.

I am educated on this topic and I can assure endurance riders that Gore's environmental beliefs in no way resemble those held by the so-called environmental `purists` (a percentage of the Sierra Club, etc.)  Al Gore has expressed his commitment to the policy of multi-use, which is inclusive for us.  The changes (in most areas) of use of our Public lands has been a great improvement over the past 8 years of Democratic Administration compared to the impossible struggles some of us undertook during the times of Reagan and Bush.

so please be aware that this story against Al Gore is baseless propaganda so frequently distributed during political campaigns.  Vote for whom you want, but don't base it on a false rumor.  I personally think we will continue improved access and communication with the Forest Service with Gore and might return to `only logging` interests under Bush.

Edie Booth   (trails experience since 1979!!)       TX