re: shaky mare

Nikki Reynolds jakar@phonewave.net
Hi Susan,
Hmm... I could've sworn that vet used two words, the first being "muscular".  Jakar definitely wasn't tying up (exertional rhabdomyolysis)... unless the term covers a broader scope than what I've thought?  I've also heard privately from a couple people who's horses had localized body shivering during a ride and those horses had also exhibited localized and prolonged "patchy" sweating.  Mine did that on that particular ride as well and it bothered me enough to take him back to the vet post ride.  He's never done that before or since.  The vet, and a couple longtime endurancers who were present, said that's nothing to worry about.  I'm wondering if that ties into the shivering as some sort of syndrome perhaps?
Nikki