birds and the bees

In a message dated 11/4/00 3:31:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< Halynov is right now in pasture with one of Pat
 Vaughn's (Havasu Arabians) mares--- she's older so our best bet is
 pasture breeding. >>

Just had a question about this if you have a minute. I have a stallion that
will coexist with geldings in a pasture of about an acre, but since my whole
property is only one acre, he is kept seperately - he will drive them and
they can't escape in a 1/4 acre paddock. How do stallions and mares get along
- besides the obvious when the mare is in heat :)  ? All the mare/gelding
interactions I have seen usually involve the mare beating the stuffing out of
the gelding.

                                Shelly