Long, but help need for Crabbet mares

sherry sherry.morse@panyc.panmail.com
Hi all -

One of the women on a message board that I frequent is looking for housingfor herself and her horses or else someone to take at least one of her mares on a lease for about 18 months or so.  The mares are RR Shenone (440697) 1989 grey mare by Daalda Diamond (Asil Dynasty x Daalda Charaffa) out of Radawna (*Ranald x Moonlight Dawn) and RR Misty Shamir (435676) 1989 bay mare by  Daalda Diamond and out of CA Starfire (Seranald x Serra Via).
Misty is blind and needs surgery so she's not holding out much hope of finding a place for her.  Shenone is heavy Raffles on the top of her pedigree, the distaff side has Rissam, Risam, Indian Magic, Fadjur and Lewisfield.  I've attached a snip of her email to better explain the situation.  If anybody could help out, or knows someone in New Mexico who could help out, please email me directly and I'll pass the information on.

Thanks, Sherry

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you but having been
having a scad of problems.  One involves my pickup:  the first one burned up about a month ago and we've just settled with the insurance, the second one blew the throw-out bearing & is now in the garage.  I have to wrap up matters here as much as possible so I can scour the Silver City, New Mexico, area for a place to live that allows horses.  Otherwise, I have to find temp homes for them & may have to permanently get rid of them.  I REFUSE to send them through the auction barn knowing the meat market
horrors.  Heck, God willing, before I do that I'll ask the vet give the shot & sell the fresh meat on the spot to the meat man.  I won't turn them over to "cowboys" either.  Does anyone know Arabian people with even a stable apartment in the Silver City area?

I only have the next 2 weeks to find a place to live in an area with a serious housing shortage.  The few things available in outlying rural areas are the products of greed.

This is why I'm offering a dirtcheap "lease" on the one grey mare. Misty is the one with the bad ovary; it's too big to take out through the flank. Whole op would cost in the neighborhood of $3000 which includes 90 days after at the vet.  Misty is also blind which has never bothered her or me; she's broke to ride & I'd put her up against a good mule anyday.