Re: RC: Re: Wintec Pro

In a message dated 11/02/2000 1:27:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
michrowe@redwrench.com writes:

<< Can you elaborate on the fit problems your gelding had with the Wintec Pro?
 Is the wither/shoulder area the problem?  Loin rubbing?? >>

All of a sudden my gelding, Faroh, started getting the white hairs (big
patches) behind his withers on both sides.  It was during a ride in August he
was having trouble passing his P&R at the first vet check... He has NEVER had
that trouble before.  Then I pulled his saddle and his back was very sore and
I noticed dry spots behind the withers.  The saddle had not made sore before
so I changed pads and the next ride I did I was 5 miles out on the first loop
and knew something was wrong with Faroh. So a slowed down and took 4 hrs to
do 15 miles. I got into camp and his heart rate was way too high for such a
slow pace. Once again his back was even more sore and the dry spots were now
bald... I felt terrible, almost decided to quit endurance.  I changed saddles
to a cheap Abetta and I am ordering a custom saddle. So I did a ride in the
Abetta and Faroh was back to his normal self. He cruised thru the vet checks
with no problems.  Sad thing is I LOVE the Wintec... I hate to give it up but
I would rather him be happy & healthy.

Maria