Re: RC: equine virus neurological rhino

Hi. My horse had the Equine Herpes last year in the Spring. There is no
vaccine for it. Her symptoms were her nose was runny but clear, her eyes
leaked and left stains (she was white) and her whole left side of her body
was sore including her neck, her poll and her chest. I had the darndest time
over a period of several months finding out what was wrong with her. Finally,
an equine acupuncturist, chiropractor horse Dr. figured it out. Seems it's
really a popular virus. Contacted thru the air. He did acupuncture to ease
the pain. Lasted almost 2 weeks then did it again. He gave me some pure
L-lysine (not real expensive) powder for her grain and I did injections of
Equinacea and some other herbal med. in her butt, once every 2 days. Got real
good at giving injections. Then I put her on something called Herbal-Mune
from the Mike Uckele line of horse herbal products. All that got her well.
Any horse that gets that! most likely has a weakened immune system. The
Herbal-Mune is available in 6 lb. containers or 3#. I know she didn't get the
respiratory version because she never coughed and she didn't get the
neurological version either. She was ok afterwards.
Deb