Re: RC: Gift Horse

I would find an "endurance" vet in your area, and have him/her do the
prepurchase exam.  By an "endurance" vet, I mean someone familiar with the
ins and outs of the race, someone who has vetted at rides, and knows what to
look for.

5 years is fine for LD, but you'll have to take it slow until she's in proper
condition.  This could take quite a while depending on  your conditioning
program.

If she has a nice attitude and passes the prepurchase (because even a free
horse gets expensive if you don't have a good prepurchase) I would say go for
it (I wish someone would have made me that offer, I just spent a small
fortune on my new girl).

Judy
JudyK89@aol.com