Feeding a yearling

I recently purchased a yearling colt and would like some impute as to what
feeding guidelines some of you have followed with "the younger ones"!!  I
currently feed vita-flex's Accel as an all around supplement to my
horses,(mixed with COB and my own mixture of Purina Athlete)  along with good
quality grass hay.  I have never had a horse quite this young and would
really appreciate some advice on feeding.  Grass vs. alfalfa, grain vs. no
grain, supplements vs. none or better supplements, etc.  I would GREATLY
appreciate any advice.  Thank you so very much.
Johnna
"He who is impatient waits twice." -- Mack McGinnis "