Update on "Tying up mare"

Judy JudyK89@aol.com
First, I want to thank everyone who answered my post, the
response was incredible.  All the information helped me to make
a very difficult decision.

I decided to return my mare to the previous owner for a refund.
The owner was agreeable but made me a counter offer which I have
decided to take her up on.  She offered to trade out my mare for
her full sister.  The owner will pay all shipping costs, and give
me a 30 day trial period.

Now this sister is also an excellent horse, has more training
under saddle, is calmer, and a proven brood mare (incredible
babies).  She is only 1 year older, and the owner is offering
her at the same price (she was priced much higher than my
mare).  I have some misgivings as the sister is obviously the
same blood lines, but I feel the 30 day trial period will be
more than enough to find out if she will also have a tying up
problem.

This owner has been so cooperative and helpful, I believe she
truly wants me to be happy.  Thankfully she has been working with
me from the start to do the best thing for me and this wonderful
mare.

Please wish me luck with this new mare, and wish the owner luck
in managing this problem with the first mare.  Once again, thank
all of you for your responses and support.  If you want me to
post all of the responses, I can, but let me warn you there were
A LOT!

Hopefully I will see some of you next season on the South West
Endurance Circuit.

Judy