RE: Re: Equine attorneys, horse purchase

What people need to remember is that EVERYTHING depends on the Bill of Sale.
And that registration papers don't take the place of a Bill of Sale.  If the
Bill of Sale states that the horse is unwarranted, then all "fault" lies
with the buyer.  If the Bill of Sale states that the horse is fit for a
particular sport and the horse is sold lame/injured/etc. and unable to do
this sport, then the "fault" lies with the seller.  Without a Bill of Sale,
it's all just "he says-she says"

The last two horse I sold were sold without warranties, even though I knew
they can do the work their new owners intended, as a legal protection for me
as the seller.  The last horse I bought had a bill of sale giving me 2 weeks
to have the horse evaluated by my trainer (this was a barrel horse) and sale
was contingent on the horse passing the trainers look-see.  This was
protection for me as a buyer.  As it turns out the horse wasn't anywhere
near as trained and race ready as advertised, was in fact unstarted on
barrels and the bill of sale let me return the horse.

-Tamara
“Maybe I shouldn't have told Stan I reprogrammed his DNA through the
LAN. Those marketing guys believe anything. They even believe market
research, for heaven's sake. There's no telling what the power of
suggestion might do.”
http://www.mindspring.com/~nis75p06/
AOL Instant Messenger:  Conthesis