probiotics and race day

Tony Hartin thartin@flash.net
It is my understanding that there are two types of probitics:

1) Those that contain live organisms (bacteria or yeast)that work by increasing the number of beneficial organisms in the gut through simple addition.

2) Those that contain fermentation fluids (dead bacteria, digestion enhancing enzymes, and chemicals that encourage the growth of beneficial organisms) that work by providing a "soup" that existing bacteria in the gut thrive on thereby increasing through reproduction.

My question is if one uses a probiotic during a race which type is better?  Why? Does one or the other work faster? Does one give probiotics as often as electrolytes? Do electrolytes inhibit the work of the probitics?

Any information is appreciated.

T Hartin