Re: RC: Re: Re: Fw: (no subject)<---some topic!

At 10:34 AM -0400 10/25/00, C Eyler wrote:
>Jennifer Simpson,
>
>Do you only send long, irrelevant messages and never read posts from the
>list owner/administrator???  This is a prime example of what Steph is trying
>to purge from Ridecamp.
>
>Cindy (deleting all but the smallest of reference points to your
>non-endurance, non-horse, non-riding, non-trails, non-anything-relevant
>posting)
>

>>  > > >  >Our Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security,
>>  > > >and,
>  > > > > of course, therefore they do not collect from it.  Social

Cindy and Richard,

At the risk of doing something long and irrelevant myself...

To me, it's obvious that this ridecamp member simply has
"ridecamp@endurance.net" in her address book.  She chose to "send to
all", and thus we got her off-topic post.  I doubt there was anything
else other than negligence involved--not a deliberate move.

That said, I'm trotting off to check for the presence of any mailing
list address in my a-mail program's address book, and suggest others
not sure do the same.

It's unfortunate that her unrelated post landed when our sensitivity
to ridecamp's proper content is IMO at an all-time high.  We have a
lot of people here that are new to computers and e-mail, who should
be extra-careful before they press that <send> key.

Lynne