The "Hood"

Actually this is two stories (missives) about hoods. The other one will
have to wait till another post and it entails the one over my head, that
I have to endure..

This one is about an endurance horse. And this is a rather late posting
to some past ridecamp discussions about mustangs.

Robin Hood is an exceptional mustang out of the Susanville area. He was
purchased by Dr. Phil Ottinger as a yearling and is now 10 years old. If
you want to see a pretty impressive ride career for ANY horse look up
his record at AERC under Robin Hood.

This last ride was only a small testimontial of his abilities. We were
at the Grand Canyon XP and he went all three days. The first day he was
3rd out of 68 horses. The second day he was 4th and BC out of the 64
horses. And the third day he was in the middle of a four-way-tie for 1st
AND best condition.  Robin Hood was top BC horse for the three day event
and only missed 1st place overall by one minute (To Christof Schork's
horse).

OK, enough bragging....only because I got to crew for him (Michele has
been fortunate to be able to ride/train him for Phil for the last  9
months and I think that they might be "up there" in the BC standings
now.)

Anyway, I went to a BLM horse and donkey adoption in Vallejo, CA and saw
some pretty good looking prospects there. There was one Bay golding that
was a 5 year old and prison broke that could have been had for about
$200. Alas, I didn't have a trailer AND was wearing my hood. BLM has a
web site for their adoption schedule.

STeve Shaw