Forest now included in pasture

Recently the owner of the land where my horse is boarded fenced in an
adjacent wooded area including it in the pasture.  It's great for shade;
however, my fellow borders and I wonder if there is anything we should look
for that might be harmful or toxic to the horses in this new area?  The
horses are out 24 hours/day.  (We live in the North Carolina foothills.) Thanks!

Barbara