Re: RC: kansas dept of wildlife and parks

Lynne
We only have about 25 entries as we are a small regional organization .
This organization puts on both CTR's and endurance.
I bring in about $600 in entry fees and have to pay a vet to do the ride.
We try to feed our workers and riders well and the ride prize moneys do
add up
The park also charges each rig $4. day fees and $5. night fees . If you
were
to stay Fri and Sat night there would be a charge of $18 over my very low
entry fee of $50 for a 50 mile ride ( $25 for 25 miles and $15 for 15
miles)
I also have to pay sanctioning fees to our group (Middle of the Trail
Distance Riders Association). As you can see maybe your parks charge a
more reasonable prize overall
(if this does include overnight and day fees for each rig)
I know I do not put this ride on to make money---I do it so that riders
in this region
will have a place to compete. If I counted all of the man hours cleaning
and marking
trails it would be more than they can afford ( 35 hours x $10. per hour =
$350)
but I volunteer that time and don't even count it as an expense to the
ride budget.
Pat Gifford
Ride manager for 10 years and still willing
In Kansas