Re: Easyboot w/barefoot

Easycare
> has a pad I can buy to put in the boot that will raise her foot so it sits
> higher in the boot. The pad is 1/2" thick. I'm concerned it will be like
> walking on stilts. Anyone have experience using these pads with easyboots?
> guess it will be similar to the height of an easyboot and a shoe.

I've used the pads (though they're certainly not a 1/2" thick!  more like
3/8") with Easyboots over shoes, on conditioning rides not over 15 miles, so
that the shoes won't prematurely wear out the Easyboots.  The problem I
found was that the pads worked their way back, so that eventually the pads
are curved and protruding out the back of the cut-down Easyboot.  I was
concerned that this would bruise his heels.  It may have happened because
his toes are shorter than the boots.

In fact, I asked about this problem on Ridecamp and never got a single
response.  Was using this set-up because my gelding is ouchy in front over
rocks, but we've now gone to using Equi-Build on his front feet instead.

I gave up on Easyboots for routine use, but it sure was nice to be able to
go out last winter, when this part of the world was coated with ice, using
Easyboots with studs.

Cindy
Baltimore, Maryland