Grand Canyon XP

Just wanted to say that the Grand Canyon XP lived up to all my expectations
and then some!  What a fantastic ride.  The Duck definitely knows how to run
an endurance ride.  The trails were well marked which is always a concern for
me since I am navigationally impaired (PC term for can't find my way out of a
paper bag).  Each day's ride started promptly at 7:30, temps were pretty
chilly but quickly warmed up to somewhere in the 60's with crystal blue skies
and Fall colors.  The second morning we rode through frosty meadows that
looked like they'd been sprinkled with diamonds -- incredibly beautiful.  The
aspen trees were almost finished putting on their show, but we got to see
some of the spectacular fall colors.  There were even patches of snow on the
ground that Harca had to snort at as we trotted along.  On the third day we
got to ride the Rainbow Rim trail along the edge of the Grand Canyon.  This
was the first time I've ever seen the GC and what a way to see it -- with my
buddy Harca -- I'll never forget it.  We finished all 3 days in good shape
and got a very cool polar fleece vest that will have Harca's name embroidered
on it.  Barney & Linda Fleming did an incredible job vetting and helping out
riders.  If you've never done a multi-day ride, I would highly recommend one
of the Duck's XP rides.

I want to thank the Jackson family, especially Dean Jackson, for saving my
butt Monday night!!!  I had a flat tire in the dark on the 20 mile dirt road
out of camp.  They helped me change it and Dean drove slowly into town with
me to make sure I was ok -- that was definitely above and beyond the call --
THANK YOU :))  I ended up  waiting till the next day (Tuesday) to finish the
13 hour drive home.  That flat kind of spooked me!

My thoughts and prayers are with Kat for a good recovery.

Now, off to unpack/reload and wash the rig (blech).

Sylvia & Harca (Who cares about the views?  The grass was delicious on that
trail!)