Re: kat's calendar

Does AERC have a relief fund?  Like the kind of thing on tax forms where you
can elect to contribute some $$$ to a general fund that is used for
emergencies like Kat's?  I have wondered about this before.  It would be
nice to have a fund for riders who are seriously injured at rides (I guess
the board would have to vote to dole out the money).

Also, Colorado has a system where you can buy a Search and Rescue permit for
$1 per year, and if you are lost/injured in the back country I believe on
any public lands, your rescue effort is paid for (for injuries this often
includes a helicopter lift).  Is this available in other states?  I am
particularly interested in knowing about AZ, NM, UT, and NV.

(Colorado)