Re: hippopotomi

>I, too, have always heard it to be River Horse.  Actually, I believe they
are related to the pig.  They're kinda cute (in a dangerous sort of way).>

Yes, they are related to the pig.  Also, the only animal with four toes.
(You learn something new every day)
And a little-known fact : hippos kill more people per annum on the African
continent than any other animal exept the croc, I think.

My groom, Albert, is from Mozambique, and he's positively terrified of them.

But I still think I'd tangle with a hippo before an ostrich!  I hate those
buggers.

Tracey