leather substitute

I remember someone trying to find a leather substitute. SOOOO in the
Tobbacco festival this weekend there was some guy there selling Hemp Hats.
(Okay carla you are treding on hot coals now) So I am thinking why not use
that stuff like cordora? (What flavor do you want bbq? mild? medium? hot? or
omigodiamgonnadiefromtheheat?) I saw the hat it was well constructed. I am
not sure how it would repell water. However this would be another substance
to checkout to replace leather.
However on the hat it did say please do not smoke the hat. soooo I would
guess you would have to put on the saddle somewhere please don't smoke the
saddle. Of course then you would have about every politician under the sun,
tons of hollywood folks and every chain pot smoker around buying the
saddles.....oh just scratch that idea. It would make for bad competitions
and you would have to up the emergency crews to rescue missing people who
were out smoking their saddles, then have to up the vet crews to help the
poor stoned horses recover from second hand hemp smoke. OHHH well bad
idea...let the bbq begin.
Carla (please scatter my ashes over the Smokey Mountains)
Ansata (bbq human mmmm? tastes like chicken.)
Haley ( I like mine with extra hot sauce.)
Rob (oven mitts oven mitts lets see where did she leave the oven mits)