Additional Info on Director-at-Large nomination for Mike Maul

Additional information on the Director-at-Large Nomination for Mike Maul

Dear AERC member,

You will either have already have received your AERC ballot or shortly will.  It's
important that
you vote this year.  Significant issues concerning the future of the AERC are to be
decided and
there are 20 candidates to select from.  A number of AERC officials have stated
"Don't vote
for a name you recognize - vote for someone you believe will represent your views and
make
good decisions for the future of the AERC".  I believe that I can do that for you.
The following
people have also expressed this belief by giving me their endorsement and support.

Julie Suhr                              Louise Riedel       AERC
Secretary
Sharon & Crocket Dumas                  Maryben Stover      AERC Vice-President
Donna Snyder-Smith                      Trilby Pederson

I strongly believe that Director-at-Large represents the whole membership - not just
the region
they live in. I have lived, ridden, and competed in three AERC regions - Northeast
for CTR
(ECTRA) and endurance and Central and West for endurance.  In each of those regions,
I have
been active in and supported local endurance groups. My experience gives me a unique
"big
picture" view of AERC on a national level.

While I don't have a final answer to the role that the AERC is to take in the
international
competition - I strongly believe our organization must take a role in defining our
participation in
this aspect of the sport.  I will work with both the members of the AERC and the FEI
in defining
our relationship.

I believe Limited Distance is a growing part of some of our members goals.  I will
continue the
work in progress to make LD an integral part of our organization with goals that are
a part of our
endurance sport.

I believe that the Internet will play an increasing role in how our organization
communicates and
operates.  I have been very active in bringing Internet related services to the AERC
membership.
I have also played a role in the conversion of the office software and in improved
efficiency.
While not all our members use or need the Internet, it reduces costs and improves the
way you as
members receive your information about the AERC. I will bring this expertise to the
position.

In closing - I urge all of you to vote in the Director-at-Large ballot.  Ask
questions and find out
what the nominees believe in rather than voting on a name basis.  And vote only for
the number
of nominees you know something about.  You do not have to vote for eight simply
because there
are eight  positions to be filled.

You can reach me with questions on my views at Michael.Maul@nsc.com or at
408-721-2385.  I
believe I can represent you well and would appreciate your support.

Mike Maul