Re: RC: Infants and toddlers on horses

> >Horses are the most dangerous animals on earth.<
>
> Nope.  That would be hippopotamuses.  Why do you think we only ride them in
> pelhams, with looooong dressage sticks, and standing martingales?
> Ostriches aren't fun either.    Oooooh, and then there's my personal
> favourite : the Rinkhals - it's a spitting cobra.   Crocs do their fair
> share of damage.   As do lions - most notably to Chinese Tourists and
> illegal Mozambican immigrants.

Only morons mindlessly get around these (and the others you
are striving to come up with) animals.  If they survive they
soon tell everyone they can about what happened to them.  They
may be more predictably lethal but they are not as dangerous as
1000 pound animals with walnut-sized brains who have been
romantisized on TV, books and in the minds of emotional young
girls, handled by the unwary.

No woman in her right mind would take her toddler nieces in the
lion enclosure to pet the kitties.  Somewhere I have an email
from a woman who took her nieces into a herd of loose horses to
pet them.  She wanted to know what she did "wrong" that put her
and her nieces in such danger and wanted to know how she "could
possibly have been so stupid".  People aren't told of the risks
and hence they become sitting ducks.

Marv "There is nothing more vulnerable than a fool-proof concept
in the face of a determined enough fool." Walker
--
Upcoming 2000 Clinics
Madison (Atlanta) GA Oct 14-15, 2000