funny story

I talked my sister into a ride on Sunday. I have four horses I am working at present, and needed an extra rump. My son Justin spent the whole summer in stitches and plaster so he is just now getting back in the saddle. We are working toward my husband and son doing their first 25 at Goethe in December.

Anyway my son went fishing with his dad, so my sister rode his mare for him. I thought I had her talked into a 25 but after the 12 mile break we mounted again and a few miles down the rode she said her ankles hurt. She was in the mares new saddle, and felt my old saddle she rode in on Friday was more comfortable. Since my geldings saddle would not fit the mare we just switched horses.

Oh lord help me! RW (my 7 year old Wiking gelding) who I have had since conception thought I had lost my mind. He laid his ears back and turn his head sideways at me. I quickly took a cookie from my fanny pack, dropped his bit and gave him a treat for being a good sport. We trotted off, and when I looked back to call out my "Hey big boy", he turn his head and pinned his ears again. For the next hour he looked at me out of the side of his head. I swear he looked like the horse on the t-shirt:

"TALK TO THE HOOF" my sister was about to laugh out of the saddle. So who says horses don't have feelings or hearts. If he had fingers he would have flicked me off.

Don't you love these guys!!!!

Laurie