Ummm,, I'm confused

A.P. AmandaPerez@ureach.com
please forgive this newbie lurker question... I am not an endurance rider yet... hope to be one day tho...  have been reading ridercamp archives and the debate about little boy made me wonder: if its up to the parents to decide how old is old enough, why have age limits for horses?  shouldn't that be up to the horses owners?

Just Wondering