Re: RC: Hats off to Cliffy!

I don't normally say much here, but this whole thing made me finally
comment.

Everyone is different. I was riding from the time I could sit a horse by
myself, and I stuck like a briar to any horse alive. The ponys were
worse than many horses. I rode what I knew was safe, and what my folks
knew was safe, and they were always there. Not every kid could do what
Cliffy did, but as was said, it's in the genes. It is not for someone
else to determine whether it was right or wrong, it is STILL A FREE
COUNTRY. And lest you forget, how do you think the pioneering kids of
the old west grew up? Ooops, that was child abuse.

Our society has gone over the edge trying to protect everyone from
themselves. I believe in being sensible and cautious, but I also believe
in LIVING. And BTW--You couldn't keep me off a horse at that age, I
crawled up there necks, snuck on when they were lying down, etc. I
wanted to be there and do that, so can understand that Cliffy did what
he wanted to do.

Congrats to the Lewis Family!!!!

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill