Re: RC: Re: Difference between LD and other distances

In a message dated 10/12/2000 8:13:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< It does count but only as LD mileage.  AERC keeps track of it but the miles
 are accumulated separately from the 50 and 100 mile rides.
 Maggie >>

I am not a LD rider. But I can not for the life of me understand why the
miles are accumulated seperately. As Don stated, the horse worked just as
hard to complete those 25/30 miles so why would it hurt that this achievement
go toward the lifetime miles of that horse? Why the seperation gap other than
people being so stuck on a rule or defination of what "endurance" is really
is. Why not dare to think outside the box? We are all in the same sport
anyway. So why the segregation? In previous discussions about LD I have yet
to read a  logical response to this question other than that is just the way
it is (rules/ defination)? Like I've said in previous posts, I totally 100%
understand the concern of LD racing for points. The solution to that is don't
offer points on the endurance level as it is now. If people want to race for
points the incentive lies with doing 50 milers +.
My intentions are not to ruffle anyone's feather's here or go into battle
over the subject,  it's just food for thought.

Robyn