Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: RE: worlds youngest rider

In a message dated 10/11/00 10:13:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
greymare@jps.net writes:

<< This has very serious implications for the sport, and I am also very
 dismayed that you and Maryben, as board members don't seem to want to
 consider it. I am strongly suggesting to
 AERC that they look into it, talk to some pediatritians, and come up with
 some sort of guidelines as to what constitutes "junior rider" versus a baby!

It has been considered for the last 30+ years I have been involved in
endurance riding.  The minimum age for juniors to ride alone has changed
about 10 times.  It has never made much of a difference.  I don't think we
need more rules.  How many 3 year olds are going to ride?  Maryben