Re: Re: Toddlers

> Three year olds get killed on the highway all the time.  How about all the
> three year olds that drown.  Let's just keep them in the house all the
time.
> Although house safety isn't guaranteed either.

Hey Pam, no need to get so sarcastic.  It was an honest question.  I was not
talking about not putting a 3 year old kid on a horse, I was talking about
putting a 3 year old kid on a horse at an endurance ride.  And I did not
post an opinion on whether AERC should allow it or parents should allow it.
I would not pretend to judge a parent on the decisions they make for their
kids.  However, being part of AERC, I would like AERC to at least consider
the situation and evaluate the ramifications.

Hindsite is 20/20, and I think it's important to understand the
ramifications of a serious injury or worse to a very young child who is
participating in the ride.  If the risk is acceptable to us and the
organization we are part of, then we/AERC can make an informed decision to
that effect.  If not, AERC needs to figure out how to manage risk in a
sensible fashion.

"Be prepared for the worst, hope for the best, and almost everything is a
pleasant suprise."

Being 5 and having a crazy pony was fun - galloping down the road, carrying
my BB gun, half naked, riding bareback, barefooted, and probably screaming.
;-)  No helmet until 20 years later, probably why I was stupid enough to
post on the topic to begin with.  Oh yeah, and those little blue chaps.
Life was goooood.