auto heated waterers

Can anyone tell me what the ideal temp. is for the auto heated waterers
during these cool days and cold nights?  We've had someone install these
in our barn and they're equipped with disc thermostat for temperture and
we're not sure we are happy with these, anyone used them before.  We'll
check the temp. on the water as we've adjusted it according to the
directions and then compare it in the morning.  But we needed to know
what the ideal temp. is.  Thanks.  Debby in brrrrr Missouri