Southwest Renegade Ride

Is the Southwest Renegade Ride a good first endurance ride?  I'm interested in doing several days of the LD nice and slow if this is a reasonable goal...  Would preparing for a multiday be slightly different than normal conditioning for 1 or 2 day rides?  How much weekly milage do I need to be doing by March to have us ready?  I feel like I need to get my planning & training goals organized early after losing this last year of riding/training on my horse that was injured this summer (who is slowly but surely healing up).

This would be my new 5 y.o. mare's first endurance ride (she'll be 6 then).  She's fresh off the track and was conditioned as a youngster in the mountains, hence her LSD is basically done and she's good on trails.  I think we will be able to wrap up basic arena work in a month.  We can condition this winter in sand and hills and work out saddle fitting.  :-)

Thanks & happy trails -

m (& Luna)
Colorado