RE: Sacramento Horse Auction

I don't have the sales list because I wasn't in the market for a
new horse, but I did attend.  The only one that was seemed
to be specifically bred for endurance was the Arab/Bashkir Curly.  He didn't
sell.
Oh, I guess there was one other bred by Al Marah that sold.

What struck me is that I bet most of the horses that were sold are NOT
bred specifically for endurance.  Seemed to be mostly halter bloodlines.
One of the horses sold is out of the same sire (Shah Raine) who is the
sire of the horses that I am trying to sell (they aren't mine) this winter.
(Anyone want a good 1,2 or 3 year old with Bey Shah bloodlines?)
Shah Raine is a Bey Shah son, ya know, halter.  I just visited his barn
in Loomis while the auction was going on, and he's sitting there getting
fat -
never been out of his birth place except to go to halter shows,
the vet and training.  No performance record there.  Not sure he's ever been
saddled.
But a Bey Shah son has won the Tevis twice, so don't pooh pooh the breeding.
And there are other Bey Shah related horses doing endurance.  Probably
a California thing. Probably because we have an excess of halter bred
horses looking for a market.

Okay, I looked at the list again.  Four of them are Bey Shah grandsons -
NV Elite,Red Hawk, Kouvenant Bey, ShahRaine are all Bey Shah sons.
Karadjorge, El Chivas Regal, Bask Flame are all halter.

Cory Soltau, DVM, has bred some super halter horses himself, as well
as being a endurance rider/vet.

Didn't we all have a heated argument re: endurance bloodlines a few months
back?  I could be wrong about the intent of the breeders, they may have
been breeding for endurance, don't know.  A lot of tall, leggy horses.

But there is the complaint that there weren't any proven Top 10 horses,
only prospects.  I bet there still is a strong market for a proven horse,
regardless of his breeding.

K.