animal control

Sorry RC to get so off subject. Okay, didn't some Tevis top tens originate
from a feed lot? To answer Bette; The animal control I believe is aware.  I
know Illinois has great horse protection laws, but ours have loopholes. The
guy has "hay on the property", and water, and he turns the horses over
relatively quickly.  There is a wonderful rescue group for arabs that went
down there (also a thouroughbreds group I think), headed by Linda Moss (her
brother is a TV star on the Bold and the Beautiful, oooo oooo, I digress).
They kind of had an agreement with the guy that he will let them on his
property, they pick out the nicest/most salvageable/most valuable and set
them aside in a corner of the property.  They have full access to the
pedigrees and stuff in his office. In return they keep their mouths shut, or
he will ban them from his ranch, and no more rescues will occur. Kind of a
kidnapping or extortion kind of thing..hey I'm not a lawyer, I don't know
what that's called..Anyway, when shopping, consider the rescue groups in
your areas, they sometimes have gems. Beth