Joggers was Ponying

In a message dated 10/3/00 3:57:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, wambo@fast.net
writes:

<<  just down the road
 from me is a fella that raises and races a few Standardbreds, and he legs up
 his young horses from the back of his jeep. He has a metal grid (I imagine
 it looks a lot like the gate they will have to break from) and a horizontal
 pipe welded to the back of his jeep, and he ties a couple to the back and
 tows them around the field, at a jog.  >>

Alot of people here seem to do that. My friend has one like you described and
a guy down the street has a tow behind model that 4 horses fit on. The horses
don't seem to mind and get used to it pretty fast. It saves time if multiple
horses need LSD work and is great if you don't have a babysitter! We started
2 endurance horses on it. Its not a replacement for riding but it does have
its place. He also has a jog cart that eventually will be fixed up with some
kind of brakes to add drag. (ti's suggestion)

                                              Shelly