Re: RC: delema

In a message dated 10/03/2000 6:19:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bolinger@bigsky.net writes:

<< So...Turns out on the lay-out of the trail of this ride I'm trying to put
together...the ONLY possible finish line is on a curvey, rutted, narrow, down
hill, trees on both sides, two track...Which means...pretty dangerous for
horses and riders who might be racing for the finish...Do I just warn
everyone amply and the pre-ride meeting and hope for the best...or do I
consider not having this ride at all because I cannot supply a "safe" finish
line???   >>

If it's absolutley impossible to find a better finish line........well I hate
to see you not put on a ride, but you have to do SOMETHING other than what
you are describing.  How about having the "racing" finish line somewhere back
on the trail, short of the full mileage, and then include the balance of the
miles to make up the full 50 (?)  The first one to the safe spot is the
first-to-finish, but the riders must complete ALL of the course in order to
receive completion credit.  This certainly could work, even if the balance
was 5 miles.  Is this possible?

Barbara