Bottom Bales-to feed or not to feed?-that is the question.

Mimi Morris mimilmorris@aol.com
I have a few bottom bales of timothy alfalfa mix with literally a dusting of mold on one side. The mold doesn't extend even a 1/4 inch into the bale. I have never knowingly fed hay with any mold on it to horses. I have had several people tell me, however, that with this small amount that the horses will likely pick through it and be fine. Any suggestions?