Re: passing up in VCs

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, cds wrote:

> I firmly disagree !

***

Out of curiosity, are you disagreeing with what I wrote, or with what I
quoted that someone else wrote and with which I disagreed myself?

I have been shocked this week at how many people apparently do not know
how to differentiate between what is being said anew by a poster, and what
that individual is quoting from someone else.  I received several rather
harsh private posts (and a couple of politely critical posts) telling me
that I would feel differently if I had ever done a 100 ... and I thought
to myself "hmmm, if I had actually done a 100 myself, then I would no
longer believe it good manners for a 25 or 50 to allow a 100 ahead of them
in the vet line?"

Please, folks, learn how to read messages on a list!  As a general rule,
lines of text that begin with an angled bracket symbol like this

> this is a line of quoted text
> and so is this one

are lines of text quoted from a message already sent to the list.
Multiple brackets

> > > like this line
> > > and this one

mean this text has been quoted numerous times.  If you use a mailreader
like Netscape or Outlook, quoted lines may also be in italics.

Feel free to disagree with anything I write.  However, please do not
castigate me for opinions that are not my own, when I am only quoting
someone else for the purpose of *disagreeing* with them.  I don't mind
taking my own heat, but I'm tired of taking everyone else's too.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region