Re: RC: Re: Passing up in VCs

As a rider and Ride Manager,  I would like to add that no Ride Manager that I can
think of would ever deliberately plan for not enough vets to safely cover their
respective rides.  Yes, we "should" do lots of things.  I believe that most of us
masochistic enough to organize and manage rides do so with this primary thought in
mind - that the horses' welfare comes first and foremost.  I have yet to read
anyone mention that often times there is a shortage of vets at a particular stop
because one of them has hiked out or driven out onto the trail somewhere to help a
horse in trouble.  As for me, I would gladly stand in line no matter what distance
I was riding knowing that a horse on the trail somewhere was getting the urgent
help it needed.   Volunteer at a ride sometime, or better yet,  help a Ride Manager
from  the early planning stages to when the final paperwork is filed away and
perhaps you'll understand how many  "what if's" Ride Managers do their best to plan