Re: snow emergency

I have to comment on our experience here...Nelson put St. Croix Eventers
with clips and flat pads on our horses and instead of borium (we just don't
like the stuff!), he put some nifty little studs on.  He had to drill holes
in the shoes (4 for each one) and in the future he plans to use the St.
Croix Extra EZ (much easier to get the studs in) and of course, the pads
are filled with silicone (I have never had a problem with mud or dirt
getting underneath the pads when we use silicone) and anyway, we had a
brief if cold ride today and the horses were striding out beautifully, even
in the slick spots, never missing a beat!  Good stuff for sure!  Just
thought I'd share that experience with anyone interested.

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657