no like endurance

Heidi brought up the fact some horses hate endurance-that is a fact, I have
one. My horse started at seven -she is now 13 with about 1500 reluctant
endurance miles.  Why she has so many miles is I have been desperate to go on
a ride and she was my only transportation.   BTW this mare is as sound as a
bell.   Right now she doesn't hate rides she dislikes them because she has
trained me to get off at steep hills, get off at steep down hills and to get
off where there is nice grass.  The last ride I did,   starting out in front
<showing her how other horses do it> she stopped after a few feet to graze.
She comes into  a vet check with a pulse of 40, that's how I always finish
with about an hour to spare, well sometimes.   Pam in Reno