Re:non arabs

Juliann Ford juliann_ford@redlands.k12.ca.us
I started my Trakehner mare in endurance.  She WAS doing awesome, until her silly owner got 'knocked up' (actually a very planned & happy event).  Now that I'm pregnant, she doesn't quite like the toning down of our riding program.  The only issues I find with her is that she is not as efficient in heat dissipation as those beautiful, little arabs.  On the other side of the coin, she's a great cold weather horse.  She's always running warm and doesn't have any tendencies towards muscle cramps.  Another (and VERY successful team I might add) Trakehner out there is Faust from Canada.  Shirley & Faust do wonderful, and have been for some time.  He measures quite a bit larger then my girl and seems to handle heat/humidity well.

Juliann & Alora

PS  Shirley, I lost your e-mail address.  Are you out there?