Re: RC: Panacur Dosage X 2

In a message dated 1/24/00 5:17:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lsn@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Any comments on the recent post recommending dosing with 2x the normal
 amount of Panacur wormer for 5 consecutive days as a safe, effective way
 to eliminate encysted small strongyles.

 Has anyone tried this "recommended method" and, if so, what were the
 results? >>

Well, I did it!  I whined to Heidi for a while about it (I kept asking her if
she was SURE it was safe).  I have this little "rescue" gelding who just
couldn't lose the worm belly and didn't have what I would call a "bloom" on
him despite really good feed and a consistent worming schedule.  He was so
loaded with worms when I got him as a 5 month old that....well, let's just
say there wasn't alot of manure in his manure, mainly worms.  he just
couldn't lose that "bloat".  I had him on Strongid daily for 6 months after
the initial worming phase.  Still, no glow.  I did the Panacur treatment and
I'm telling you.... what a difference!  This guy looks great and finally has
that "gleam in his eye" (I may rue the day :)  I am really pleased with the
results and since I did this with an 18 month old, I'm pretty sure no harm
could come to an adult horse.  Good luck, and please post  your results!

Sylvia