Re: horse jobs & breeding

>Hey Renee if you want to have a horse business I say go for your dreams...Do
>go to collage and learn learn learn... I have a friend Kim Johnson, she owns
>Belesemo Arabians (see her web site)  She makes an excellent living with her
>horses.
>In fact she is the one who sent Valerie Kanavy the video and sold her that
>new horse,
>Ohadi Las Tradd. she didn't breed Hadi, but the Belesemo horses have the
same
>blood lines.

I'll second the comment on the quality of Kim's horses since I have
acquired a Belesemo Trad son this last summer thru Michael Bowling from his
foundation mare, Naliza.  Billy will be out on the trails this spring and
possibly competing by fall.  His conformation is top quality.  I'm anxious
to see how he'll do!

If you go into the breeding business, you could get lucky and get an
outstanding crop from the get-go without having to spend 30 years of future
earnings. ;-)  Most of the time, tho, it takes a little while to find those
"perfect" horses for your foundation stock...so if you're willing to be
poor and patient for a while (or have an alternative source of
income)....and have a good eye...you should do okay here! <g>

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.