hay feeders

It's very cold in New England and the ground is frozen solid and I have
been feeding my horse on this"wonderful"(????) frozen surface. My paddock
is normally very sandy and I don't feed on the ground often for fear of
sand colic.  But I have discovered that my horse eats much better when I
can put his hay on the ground rather than in a hay net hung in his stall.
My question to ridecampers is this: what types of hay feeders are available
and which are worth using? Do any of you use a feeder? I have seen those
round, metal feeders used for cattle but can't find a source for them. Any
suggestions or information would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Pam in MA